Thursday, February 14, 2008
Two days later, the greedy FO beast has been tamed and my coffee is nice and hot!
I modified the pattern a bit to make up for the thick handpun I used. I also left off the base.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Also, should I lengthen the ribbing on the sleeves? I am afraid it is not balanced considering the length of the hem ribbing and the cowl.
Things I have learned thanks to Secret of the Stole ii...
1. after a few beers is not the time to learn how to knit continental- all I gained in drunken confidence I lost in hand eye coordination. I figured if I could crochet holding the yarn in my left hand, I should be able to knit with it in my left hand as well. I was wrong.
2. When the chart changes, the knitting should too.
3. It is much quicker to drop down the stitches in the section with the mistake and reknit it, than frogging and reknitting six rows. All I needed was a pillow, a bright light and a pair of dpn's. and some patience.
4. I can knit faster when the house is empty and the tv is off.
5. Stoles are easier to photograph on circular needles than they are on straights, and I am knitting this one on straights.
6. Just when I start patting myself on the back for how quickly I am knitting and how beautiful it is and how I barely have to look at the chart... I will screw something up. Then I will have to put to use the skills picked up in number 3.
7. KAL's are great motivation for a project that I might otherwise shove in a corner in disgust instead of taking the time to learn to corrrect my mistakes.