Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I hope there is nothing in the water...


It seems the only things I have been knitting of late are baby things. My dear cousin K is expecting her first baby and at 29 weeks she has been put on bed rest. I am knitting until my fingers can no longer hold needles to finish before the baby girl makes her early arrival! I am working on the pinwheel baby blanket. Here's hoping I can finish the leafy border before Sunday! The border really keeps the edges from rolling in and I am really pleased with the way it is turning out.
The blanket may be finished if I hadn't taken the time to make this 5 Hour baby sweater... Which took waaaay longer than 5 hours...I guess I need more practice. Here is the pattern http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kp3.html Miss Monkey said she wouldn't mind modeling since we have no baby...And here is a closeup...I must admit now I am hooked on raglan no seaming sweaters! I hope there will be more to come! It was a fun knit and so very cute!!

3 comments:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I love your blanket, sweater and Miss Monkey, I can't wait to see what else you post!

carlita dee said...

Just wandered over from Craftster to say hi. Oh my, what a cute baby sweater. Luv the blanket, too.

Be happy knitting,
s

strangelittlemama said...

Well, there may be no hurry after all. I was put on bedrest at 30 weeks with my first kiddo, and guess what? He was born at 42 weeks!!! Le suck!