Saturday, June 16, 2007

FO where art thou?

All my projects seem to just languish on the needles these days. I still knit everyday, but it seems as if nothing is really getting finished. Last week I dyed some corridale roving and spun it. I used old egg dye tablets and although the colors did turn out nice they were not at all what I had in mind. One of the blue tablets I used seems to have broken down into blue and purple which I thought was odd. All told I ended up with 146 yds, singles.
I also started Babette for the Super Twins and promptly realized that I suck at crochet and I do not understand the written instructions for crochet. I then realized that I could do a little log cabin action and knit a version of Babette instead. Here is the beginnings of the first square....
So far it is 10" so I have quite a few more rounds until this one is the 12" it needs to be. Update on the Super Twins-20 weeks gestation...their Mom (my best friend since 7th grade) has to travel to Philly (from NC) on Monday to have fetoscopic laser photo coagulation performed to separate the twins blood supply (an overall survival of 67 percent can be anticipated with 80 percent of pregnancies having at least one survivor.) She is freaked out since she has never been in the hospital and the lives and health of one or both of her twins are at stake. If this does not work there is nothing else that can be done. Please, please, please remember her in your prayers especially on Tuesday when she will be in surgery. I just feel sick about the entire situation. I do not know what to say when I talk to her...so I listen and knit and hold back the tears until we are off the phone, then I totally lose it. It is just so fucking unfair- she has had more than her fair share of heartache and disappointment throughout her life. I just hope she is strong enough to get through this.

5 comments:

Lara said...

I can't begin to imagine what your friend is going through. Isn't it weird how the same people always seem to suffer? That is how it was with Jennifer. I hope the procedure has the best outcome possible.

Your dying and spinning look great!

Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}} to your friend and to you! Keep knitting prayers into those stitches & we'll do the same. The blanket is really looking great.

NH Knitting Mama said...

I am praying for your friend. God, that is just awful.

Just keep knitting for your friend... it gets me through all my troubles (I've been in the hospital for about 20 surgeries and procedures and it helps!)

She can ask for something to relax her before the surgery. There are safe drugs for the baby... it's better for her to be calm.

Amysatx said...

I hope things turned out well for your friend. The colors in the yarn remind me of the colors in Monet's Water Lillies paintings-very peaceful. As far as the FO's go, I finally decided to just get something finished..which although were only dishcloths, still made me feel like I accomplished something. I also finally started knitting fish again after our 31 fish we did in May. I need to get those puppies finished!!

The Sexy Knitter said...

Those singles turned out great! *drool* I so need to learn how to spin...