Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Secret of the Stole

After two months, the secret is revealed! The Secret of the stole is complete!
Pattern: Secret of the Stole (name not yet release) available via DK the Nautical Knitter.
Yarn: My handspun (mill ends from Sheep Shed Studio wool/mohair) less than 1234 yds.
Needles: Size US5
Finished size: 16" X 7 feet
Opinion: I do like the finished product, it is warm and soft although the mohair sheds. I am glad I participated in the KAL as it really kept me on task. The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I am not a huge fan of the sword motif, but I am not complaining- it was a secret after all! Now to figure out all the clues and take a stab at guessing the theme!
Is there a way to wear a long stole and not look like a little ol' lady?

14 comments:

Andrea said...

Your stole is beautiful. How have you been?

Lara said...

Your stole is gorgeous! And knit up with your own handspun yarn! The fun is all in the secret and I think the designer did a great job.

rupestur said...

Wowzers. That's truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! Try wearing it over a black coat for something different. Great job! There are no swords in the next one. Hope you will join it too.
Fair Winds

DAWN said...

It is very beautiful. You have great patience for sticking with it.

SYLVIE said...

Your stole looks great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, and you are finished. Still had to work a lot on mine, and there are so much else to finish too......

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! Personally, I don't care if anyone thinks I DO look like a little old lady, lol...but instead of wrapping it around your shoulders, you could drape it casually over one shoulder (though it might get in the way) or loosely around your neck area a couple of times. However you wear it, it's beautiful.

urbanknitrix said...

Beautiful!!! I agree with Del - wear it over one shoulder, that is how I wear the clapotis or wrap it as a scarf. Great job!!

Octopus Knits said...

Very pretty!

Dipsy Doodle said...

I can't believe how very, very beautiful this is! What a unique and gorgeous pattern, and the fact that you made it in white makes it all the more elegant and unique! Fantastic work!

MadMad said...

It looks awesome! I love that you spun the yarn for it, too!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for all the nice comments!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! How do you have the patience for something that big.... especially since you didnt even know how it would turn out. Very impressive!