Thursday, May 22, 2008

condensed blogging picture version

Here are my "dirty socks"- as you can see from the closeups, all the details are mushed. This pattern is too pretty to be lost in this yarn. It's the frog pond for these babies. I will knit them again, because I really like the pattern.
My Woolee Winder arrived shortly after my last post. Although it does not match my newly stained wheel, it has made so much difference in the quality of my spinning. Just look at that even bobbin! The fiber I am spinning is merino from handpaintedyarns.com in color Ivory. It is so soft and a pure joy to spin.
Savannah was such an enjoyable knit.
I love this section in the center that is slightly longer than the main part of the shawl. It provides just a little more coverage just where it is needed.

4 comments:

MadMad said...

Oh, the socks are cool, and so is that awesome yarn! I can see how you might want to separate them, though. I hate when that happens. I also love your shawl. It's gorgeous!

urbanknitrix said...

Your shawl is beautiful and how cool is that, with the middle being longer so that it covers properly. NICE. Have a happy weekend/Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawl! I can see what you mean about the socks--very patient of you to go through the work & then frog them. That pattern really is pretty.

Andrea said...

Your shawl turned out beautiful. I like the color too. I love the sock pattern but understand about the yarn choice. You made the right decision, it didn't to the pattern any justice.