- I turned 30 (in case you were wondering, yes, I did freak out a bit. There was quite a bit of soul searching on my part- the 'where am I now compared to where I thought I should be at this age'. I am a bit better now.)
- I made a few birthday purchases.... a pound and a half of roving for spinning, a Woolee Winder (I still do not have it. I placed my order before the last big fiber festival and my order was lost! I should have it by today.), a spinning book and a big bottle of Belvedere Vodka.
- I stained my spinning wheel (after a year of her being naked in my living room, I felt it was time.)
- I finally finished SOTSii- Savannah. I love this stole and have worn it so much- It is a little extra special to me because the Girl Wonder's middle name is Savannah.
- The family and I took a trip to Florida to visit family for a long weekend (Sarasota is such a beautiful city!) then on the way home we surprised the kids with three nights in Disney World. (We visited the Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon and had so.much.fun. It was worth every penny and we will go again. I can't imagine going for an entire week- we were beat after two days!)
- I knit 20" (toe to cuff) of Baudelaire (I was planning knee socks, but hate the yarn for the sock. While knitting in Disney the only comment about my knitting was from a small boy (maybe 4) that looked at my knitting, looked up at me and said, "That is a dirty sock." To his credit, it does look dirty with all the bits of tweed in the yarn. I really like the pattern and will make it again with a better yarn.
- I cast on for the Entrelac Socks. I have 4 balls of Colinette Jitterbug in my stash that I originally bought to make a striped sweater. I am about half through two skeins and am not in love with the sweater so far, so I decided to try the socks, see which I like more then frog the other one.
- Oh yeah, and all the mundane day to day stuff, house cleaning, cooking, packing, unpacking, gardening, grass mowing, ceiling painting (I almost cried over that one! As my MIL likes to say "I cussed that paint onto the ceiling!"), schooling the kiddos, and I lost 6 lbs.
I will have to show ya'll pictures another day, school starts in a few minutes and I have a ton of yard work to do today. Hope ya'll have a great week and I look forward to catching up with all of your blogs soon! I am so behind!