Sunday, February 18, 2007

Secret Knitting

my post may be few and far between for the next couple of weeks. After much encouragement from my family I am trying my hand at submitting a pattern to Knitty. I would love to show y'all what I am working on as I am very excited about it, but will have to wait until it is either accepted or denied. It may lead to nowhere, but you never know-and I refuse to put myself in a situation where I can look back and regret not trying. I feel it is the next step in my knitting journey.
My step-dad is perhaps the most supportive of my knitting than anyone. He always gives me such wonderful complements on my knits, and brags to everyone that is in earshot "You know my daughter knit that herself! She is so talented!" and after seeing my Sunshine sweater he put his arm around me and looked me in the eye and said "If you keep this up, we are going to have a famous designer in the family." I don't know if he knows how motivating his comments are or how much they really mean to me. I am so fortunate to have someone in my life that is so supportive and motivating. So if only for myself and my step-dad I am going to give this a shot.

5 comments:

Olga said...

WhoooHooo! You go girl! Just remember us little people...

Lara said...

Good for you! Designing is my dream! After seeing Sunshine, I have no doubt you will be successful. Can't wait to see what you come up with! You must keep us updated as much as possible. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to see your designs!

Persnickety Knitter said...

That's exciting. Good luck with your Knitty submission. I'm sure it will be great.

Andrea said...

I think your sunshine sweater is fantastic, and I agree with your step-dad. You should be designing. It's beautiful.