Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yarny goodness, and a prize.


Sometime last week, the lovely and talented Lara was kindly liberating some of her stash for the cost of shipping! I was so happy to see this on her list because it is just georgous! The yarn is Himalayan Yarn Co. 60% wool and 40% silk. Two full hanks with 175 yds per hank and one is wound in a ball. Go check out the rest of her stash up for grabs.
I am planning to use this lovely yarn to knit the pattern I won in the Craftster knitting challenge. Jen over at Pieknits.com offered the pick of her patterns and I happily accepted Aileen as my prize. I hope to have enough yarn to knit it, as Aileen calls for about 400yds, but I am planning to buy a handle for it instead of knitting one...so we shall see!

2 comments:

Persnickety Knitter said...

Great pattern. I think it will look nice in that yarn.

Lara said...

I am so glad you like the yarn! The purse will great and I can't wait to see it finished. I originally bought the yarn for a purse....but then tore it out. Your pattern is MUCH cutter than the one I choose!