Friday, October 27, 2006

Better late than never

In honor of "Socktoberfest" I have decided to finish The Gaming One's socks. I had the dreaded SSS (second sock syndrome) since the first was finished. I guess the planets aligned or something and I finally sat down and cast on for the second two days ago. I am half finished with the sole and hubby is amazed how quickly they are "coming to life". He lends encouragement when I put them down, saying things like "Woman, those socks aren't going to knit themselves!" and "My poor feet are so cold, and since I only have one sock, I guess I will have to decide which one gets to be warm!" all the while looking pitiful! I told him there will be no more hand knit socks in his future until he wears holes in this pair!
In other knitting news, I frogged my entire Somewhat Cowl. I had the body and both sleeves finished, but just could not knit a neckline I liked. I was trying to modify the pattern, since I am not too fond of what would have been a heavy cotton cowl. It was actually easier (emotionally) to frog all the progress than I thought it would be. Besides, with winter quickly approaching here in NC I would not have been able to wear it anyway. A warm, wooly cardigan for myself will replace the Somewhat Cowl in my knitting basket and keep my Lovely Lacy Shawl company. I am thinking I will buy the pattern book the shawl was published in so I can knit from a chart instead of those long line by line instructions. Oh yeah, and some size 2 circs. I am hoping then it will fly off my needles! That is all the time I have for now, as The Boy Wonder really needs someone to play army with! Is it bad that a 5yo talks about snipers, flame throwers, grenades, securing the area, holding back enemy forces and the ins and outs of winning a war? I am hoping it is just a boy thing, although he assures me he is practicing for when he is in the army so he will be really good and be able to defeat the enemy. I guess I need to prepare my pacifist heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Amanda,

it's great seein yu back around these parts again! Finish that sock you can do it! i should follow my own advice. I've frogged dh socks more times than i can count, and now I've hidden the yarn so i won't feel guilty.

Necia