Saturday, February 03, 2007

Calorimetry


Calorimetry was the perfect project to use the very first yarn I ever spun (grey) combined with a small skein of handspun (yellow) that The Girl Wonder bought for me on a trip to Charleston, SC with her Dad. As many have before me, I cast on fewer stitches- between 70 and 80 ( I cannot recall, as this was a little something to take my mind off this). I ended up stitching mine closed, so I would not have to sew on a button. I would rather seam a extra large man's sweater than sew on buttons.
I finally broke down and did the math to convert Twinkletoes into a wearable slipper for The Girl Wonder. I used the Universal sock pattern as a starting point, and used the original pattern as a guide. I should have them finished by the time The Girl Wonder returns from her Dad's house on Monday. I would model the first complete one, but my little 10 yo girl has bigger feet than I do...
I will blog in more depth about Sunshine (my entry in the 'One stitch to Rule them All' Craftster Challenge) in the days to come.

6 comments:

Lara said...

Your Calorimetry is great. I knitted one too and it was a quick and fun knit.

You have my prayers for your Grandfather, you and your family. Such a thing is difficult. I know you will have the strength to help your family through it....just save some for yourself too.

Anonymous said...

. . . and she spins, too. That is great! I won a drop spindle and some black roving on another blog but have yet to give it a whirl [get it, "whirl", to spin, whatever;) ]. You'r Calorimety looks really good.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute--love the color combo.

Olga said...

Yup, I is a blogger, and you send me encourageing remarks all the time! I've been thinking about knitting that Calorimetry myself but, well, someday.....

Olga said...

That is to say, uberstrickenfrau is Olga and Olga is me! WHEW! Just so you know..and I am still praying for your family too.

Christine said...

Thankss great blog post