Monday, November 05, 2007

Tyrolean Stockings

Pattern:Tyrolean Stockings, Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish, color Dublin 4 skeins
Needles: set of 4 dpn size US4- I knit a bit tight and they fit my size 6.5 feet perfectly.
I love these socks! They are so warm and squishy. There was so much going on in the pattern that I was never bored knitting them. The pattern was very straightforward and easy to understand. These are a little thick to wear with shoes and a bit slouchy (as in the pics in the magazine) but they are perfect for wearing around the house- especially since I am always cold!The details really make these socks...like the way the ribbing flows into the cable. I am in love with that cable!The cable also flows onto the top of the foot. Did I mention I love that cable?I love the very hard to photograph cable down the back of the leg and the slope of the decreases down the leg. The heel flap fits my heel perfectly! I shall never knit another short row heel!
Hands down this is one of my favorite knits ever! They were interesting to knit, the pattern was perfectly written, I learned a new technique (Old Norwegian cast on) and most important-they fit!

11 comments:

bunchkin said...

Beautiful! They look so warm and cozy!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous!!! Sorry to hear about your weekend. I hope everything runs more smoothly this week.

Soulful Hues said...

Wow again! You have incredible talent Amanda!

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous socks! Look at all the little details; just perfect. I'm going to have to look at that pattern in depth to see how that heel is done. Fabulous job!

DAWN said...

They look great! really snuggly. I hope your feet enjoy every minute in them.

rupestur said...

Those are some fab socks. I heart those cables. I'm sure your feet are loving those!

I tried out that muffin recipe and it's a huge hit around here. They are even better the next day! I've got to make another batch tonight as a homeschooling family is coming to see me tomorrow :D

Lara said...

The socks look great! You did a fantastic job! What is up with being cold all the time? I am like that too and I swear it gets worse the older i get!

urbanknitrix said...

OOOHHHH, I want some!!! You did a excellent job!! They really are pretty.

MadMad said...

Beauteous! I knew we'd convert you eventually into a sock knitter!

twigletqueen said...

Ooh, nice cable, they look loverly

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows anything links london about jewelry understands the hierarchy of precious links of london bracelet metals with platinum being atop it. links of london charms While many people pine for gold, platinum is more highly prized links of london watches by the informed. Platinum is an extremely rare, links of london rings even more so then gold which in part the reason links of london necklaces why it is considered superior.