This weekend I learned the importance of packing a back up project. I originally planned to take my Baudelaire's to keep me occupied- after all, I felt I could be monogamous for a weekend at least. At the last minute I threw the striped cardi in my bag just in case the sock managed to piss me off with its dark yarn, little needles and fiddly lace pattern. When I took out the sock in the car, I realized I had left the fourth needle at home! So, needless to say, I got quite a bit of knitting accomplished on the cardi, but sadly nothing on the sock.
Speaking of knitting accomplishments, well, I have none. What I do have is many projects on the needles, designs in my head that need to be on paper, and a queue that gets longer each month. I really need to get a few things finished.
- Babette needs a few more rounds of edging and it will be finished.
- Secret of the Stole ii KAL was finished long ago, sadly, I lost steam around the seventh clue and my stole has sat neglected since then. I am kinda putting off winding the second skein (840yds!) of laceweight yarn to finish the second half of the shawl. I am also afraid that the colors may be slightly different since it is kettle dyed.
- Feather and Fan Shawl blanket is in time out until I can find another pair of size 6 circular needles to transfer the some of the stitches. The rounds are getting so long (550 sts per round) and I am not even close to being finished, plus, I was almost out of yarn. The three skeins from the frogged Rusted Root did not get me as far as I had originally hoped. The good news is that I found a person on Ravelry that happened to have 3 more skeins of the yarn I am using, and she sent them to me! Thank you Jenn!
- Baudelaire and the Jitterbug cardi have barely been on the needles a week, so I am not feeling the need to finish them quite yet.
- *cough* fish blanket *cough* may never get finished
- My so called kitchen rug just may get frogged
Since Magknits is no more, I am also toying with the idea of reworking my pattern that was published there. This time I am going to use a yarn that is not discontinued, rewrite the pattern to include long and three quarter length sleeves as well as rework the directions so there are fewer pieces to knit and less seaming.
so much to do, so little time...