Tuesday, July 18, 2006

7 days and still no FO...

Has it been a week? Really? Y'all, time is really flying! the Gaming One, Boy Wonder and I took a trip to Charleston, SC over the weekend to celebrate the Wild Cousin's 4th birthday. Although I was really kinda dreading this trip we ended up having a great time! It is a 4 hour trip one way, so I managed to make major progress on my Razor Cami. I am about 12 inches into it, and have made/am going to try to make a few changes to it. First of all I am knitting it flat because my circs are a bit too long for it to fit all the way around the needles, but a bit too short to magic loop it. I am planning to turn it into more of a tank than a cami, especially since I saw Jae's altered Lelah. Cause as cute as the original razor cami is, I am willing to bet a boob job, that the designer is 1-Not 28, and most important 2-has not nursed two babies. Although my gals are small, going braless is no longer an option. So my cami has to be a bit more bra friendly. Now, I have to decide between darts and short rows....decisions, decisions...

The LLS continues to kick my ass, and after my last attempt at lace surgery I decided to frog back to the lifeline and just reknit the entire section. It is in timeout until I finish the Cami.

The Corset top is patiently awaiting delivery of yarn for finishing. I decided to go with Cloud for all the edging, and also ordered enough so I can Sizzle! I just love Wendy's patterns, they are so simple, yet stylish with a bit of sexiness.

The last knit causing me much grief these days is the Yankees baby blanket for my sister. After realizing I suck at intarsia...that fabric was more puckered than a baby's face after her first taste of lemon, I frogged the entire thing. I plan on taking the easy way out and knitting a big square, then duplicate stitching the NY on. She thinks she just might deliver next Tuesday since it is the Full Moon! I hope so, because I am going to be out of town the entire week of her actual due date and she and hubby wants me to attend the birth! I am sooooo honored! I actually cried when they asked me! Sis keeps telling me I seem even more excited about the baby than they are, I told her I am just more excited because I know I will be sleeping through the night after the baby is born!

5 comments:

sturdygirl said...

good luck on your razor lace cami modifications. those skinny strap camis look cute but aren't too practical.

del said...

I hope all goes well with the knits AND sis's delivery--and you're right, you get to see & hold the baby, but you also get to SLEEP!

Yarn It said...

Yes, we are certainly on the same knitting wave length! Other blogs tend to me inspire too. I still can't wait to see your finished corset. You are going to love Sizzle. It knits up very fast!

Yarn It said...

Oh, I was going to tell you that you should try the Mobius Capelet. It was really fun to knit and went pretty quickly. I really love it and the pictures don't even do the thing justice. Plus...it doesn't require much yarn so it can be done inexpensively!

Nettie said...

Thanks for leaving your feedback @ Sistahfriends. I appreciate it. Good luck on your planned knits.