Thursday, July 06, 2006

Proud to be an American

We had an all American 4th of July in honor of The Boy Wonder's 5th birthday. His birthday is on the 5th and he has always thought the fireworks were in his honor. We decided to attend Sky Show in lieu of a party. The Military tribute was The Boy Wonder's favorite part of the entire day, also one of the only free aspects of our excursion. Priceless.

Seeing as it felt about as hot as the third level of hell, we decided to forgo tailgating. Instead, we sat in the car and cranked up the AC, I had a few icy cold beers (I think they were the most refreshing thing I have had the pleasure to drink in years!). The Gaming One sipped on a Pellegrino and the Boy enjoyed a little cotton candy and a lot of ice water. He was really that hot and flushed-I'm tellin' y'all it was hot!

After some fun and frolic in the car...

We took our seats 13 rows behind home plate, and our little one was in awe throughout the double header. I was afraid he would get bored, but he had a great time!

Cold beer, my trusty sunhat and a new and easy knitting project were my constant companions through the 8 hour funfest.
The fireworks were the best and most moving I have ever seen. To all the wonderful brave people that have sacrificed, fought for and defended our independence I have no words to express my gratitude. You are so appreciated for all you do. Happy Independence Day and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

1 comment:

Persnickety Knitter said...

Oooh, cute top. I'm tempted to try that. What yarn are you using?