Saturday, September 29, 2007

scratching the itch

I don't know what it is, but as I approach the end of a project I am filled with a mix of anticipation and dread- anticipation for the big FO and the dread of empty needles. I tend to put off the last bits of finishing and instead surf the 'net for that next must knit project. The last bit is so much easier thanks to Ravelry (I know, I know, I am 'preaching to the choir'). There are just a few more days until the first clue to Secret of the Stole comes out and I want to knit Ivy for NaKniSweMo, so I really don't need a big project. Looking through my limited stash, I decided to go ahead and cast on for the Tyrolean Stockings. I can't help but think this pattern would translate so well into a cardigan.
It has only taken two days to finish the first pattern repeat, and I learned a new cast on (Old Norwegian Cast On) as well! My row gauge is a bit off, so I may be in trouble once I get to the heel, but so far I love these socks. The knitting is very satisfying (mmmm cables!) and the charts are easy to memorize. Just what I need for a good, in between project!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your socks look great! The yarn color is beautiful and suits the pattern so nicely.

I also can't wait to see your Ivy in November - I've been wanting to knit that pattern for a while now too.

Anonymous said...

I love that sock pattern. Yours is knitting up so nicely in that pretty green. And yeah, Ravelry is just chock full of ideas.

Thanks for the compliments & congrats on my new writing gig. That's really sweet of you. :-)

Octopus Knits said...

Ooo, the sock looks lovely!

Lara said...

I love cables too. That sock pattern is gorgeous and I love the color of the yarn.