Monday, September 10, 2007

Super Twin update

I went to see my friend S in the hospital this weekend and she is doing great! She loved the blankets and snuggled them next to her cheek as soon as she opened them. Mission accomplished! After a weekend under observation and lots of bed rest Micah (baby a) has a bit more amniotic fluid and she was released to go home this afternoon. She has to stay off her feet and take it easy for the next two weeks and will have a C-section on Friday, September 21 unless the babies want to make an appearance earlier. I keep telling her she should learn to knit so she won't be bored with nothing to do, I may just put together a little learn to knit kit for her just to get her going!

It was so strange, I was dreaming of her and seeing her boys for the first time when she called this morning to update me. I remember being so surprised that the boys were as big as they were in my dream. They were so strong and healthy- I hope I had an accurate glimpse of what is to come!

Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes for my friend...she has told me time and again she is amazed how many women have gathered around her forming a cocoon of love and support throughout her pregnancy.

Having just socks on the needles, I just had to start a new project...just a little somethin'-somethin' to get me through until Secret of the Stole starts. I pondered for a bit then decided I needed to knit a little something else for the Super Twins. Enter Mombot Companion. I have been reading her blog (man I need to update my blogroll...) and she has the cutest patterns for monsters I have ever seen! Yesterday I decided that each of the Super Twins need one of these little monsters to protect them from nasty beasties! Last night I managed to knit half of the first one's body- I had to make myself put him down to work on the never ending sock. I am finally to the toe shaping and must bust it out tonight and then figure exactly how much I need to knit daily to get the second one finished by my Dad's birthday. I know I keep saying how much I hate to knit socks, but I keep hearing the siren's song of these beauties. must.resist.... who the hell am I kidding, I will probably order the yarn for these before the end of the week...I am so weak and a bit of a masochist as well...

4 comments:

DAWN said...

Those socks are awesome! I may need to check them out, myself. So glad that things are going well for both mom and babies and that she loved the blankets (was there ever a question about that).

Tucker said...

I hope all goes well with the twins. The monsters are rockin'. I've gotta make some of these for my kiddo...or puppy...to gnaw on. I'm glad you got a giggle out of my hair trauma; if I can save one person from the torments of overbleaching, it will not have been in vain. :)

Lara said...

So glad she is doing well and is home! A learn to knit kit is a perfect gift for a mom on bed rest! I think you should definitely do it. Update us when the twins arrive. I am sure your dream was a glimpse into the future....I always wonder about dreams.

rupestur said...

A knitting kit would be such a sweet present. I wanted to sleep about sixteen hours a day when I was preggers, so I bet she wants to sleep about 32 hours a day, since she's resting for two!

Can't wait to see how your monsters turn out :D They are hard to put down-- my kids end up being attention starved when I start one.