Thursday, January 26, 2006

Yarn Fix...

Went to buy yarn today with MIL. I picked up 2 pairs of DPN's size 4 for Lolita (Knitting Olympics) and size 1 so I can attempt sock knitting. I also picked up 2 purse handles for purses that need completing. I have a few things in mind I would like to knit. The first is a fake fur wrap for The Girl Wonder using this yarn and closure. She is 9 going on 19 and wanted something a little more stylish than a little girl sweater. She also wanted something that would not shed on all her black dresses. The second thing I would like to make is a double knit scarf. I only had the idea today, so I will have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work. It will be knit with this Lion Brand Jiffy yarn. Since "you cannot take the trailer park out of the girl," as The Gaming One likes to put it, I have nothing against acrylic. My FIL picked the colors... Finally, I am tinkering with my own designed baby dress. I have felt especially creative lately and think it is time to venture past the patterns at hand and see what I am capable of. Here is the yarn I would like to use.

No comments: