Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rusted Root and an interview meme of sorts...

Pattern: Rusted Root, size small
Yarn:Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, 3 skeins (with most of the third skein left over) color:Harvest

Mods: I followed the pattern as written except I changed the waist shaping. I did 3 pairs of decreases 1 inch apart instead of the single decreases 3 rows apart. I also added 4 rows of ribbing to the bottom hem, I am considering taking out my BO edge and adding another 10 rows or so (I wear low rise jeans and prefer my tops to cover the waistband of my jeans and what might peek out when I sit).
My opinion: I really picked this top for the puffy sleeves, and alas, mine are not puffy, so I can't say I am 100% satisfied, but all in all this is a cute top and very wearable. The Cotton Fleece bled a lot while washing and I really do not see myself knitting with it again (I prefer KnitPicks Shine). While wool usually does not bother me, the cotton fleece is a bit itchy to me.

It was a very easy knit and a well written pattern (except for the waist shaping and the sleeves).


uberstrickenfrau interviewed me! Check out her interview!
1. What would your perfect day be like, (with no time restraints and money and places were no object.)
This perfect day would begin the night before, as I would make sure my kids were in the loving care of their Grandparents- so I would not worry about them all day nor would I be responsible for them.) I would start the day late (sleeping after noon is a luxury in itself) and have coffee delivered to my bedside. After coffee, I would have a massage on a shady beach. I would then spend hours in bed (revisiting the early days of our relationship) with The Gaming One complete with a pitcher of margaritas on the bedside table. I would then take a long hot bath while sushi was delivered. After sushi, The Gaming One would 'game' and I would sit outside and knit while a gentle breeze swayed the treetops. Just for giggles I would invite over some old friends and we would share a bag of shrooms (don't worry, I don't do this in real life, but it was fun a loooong time ago!) and watch the sunset. I am sure the rest of the evening would be very interesting.

2. What three people –dead or alive- would you like to have over for coffee& conversation and why?
First and foremost, my great grandmother Lela Brunson. She passed away when I was still a child and was partially deaf most of her life that I knew her. She was a very strong, independent woman. I blogged about her here. She was the craftiest person I have ever known and I would love just to have a chance to sit down and really talk to her about her life. I also would like her to know that her crafty gene had been passed along. If she had lived longer I am sure I would be a sewer instead of a knitter.
Second, Emily Dickinson. I just think she would be a cool woman to talk to.
Third, since I am a knitter- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. She is amazing and funny to boot.

3. What knitting pattern or technique is the most intimidating and you’ve avoided doing it?
Hands down, Fair Isle. Something about stranded tension really makes me think that my knits would end up puckered and ugly. That being said I would love to knit Venezia, especially after seeing this one (scroll to middle of page) on Craftster.

4. What superpower ( flying, invisibility ,etc) would you like to have and why?
I would love to be invisible so I could spy on people. I am kinda nosy and love to see how people act when they think no one is watching.

5. What do you know to be true?
I know when all is said and done, telling the truth, no matter how painful at the moment, is always less painful than telling a lie.

Want to play? Here’s the scoop:
1. Leave me a comment saying ”Interview me” and give me your e-mail address so you can make it easier on me.
2. I will respond by e-mailing you five questions, I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Rusted Root looks fantstic! Such a cute pattern. I think even without the puffy sleeves it's great.

Olga said...

That sweater looks awesome. I like the color too. Thanks for letting me 'interview' you, this is just to warm you up for when the knitting mag's call! hee hee

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the color!! This pattern is next on my list :)

Andrea said...

Hey, I didn't know you were into spinning. So am I. I love your Rusted Root. I think I might even have to make one for myself.

melinda said...

Sigh. I'm a suckr for this stuff.

Interview me!

ferriotvtATgmail.com

Marcia said...

I love your Rusted Root. I love the band by that name too. I don't think my breasteses could handle the assymetry. But it looks great on you!