My Kromski Prelude is finally here! I was shocked it only took 2 days to get to me considering the shipping was free. So if you are in the market for a new wheel, consider one from Copper Moose. I received emails from them from the time I placed my order, until it was on the truck to be delivered. I have lots of practice ahead of me, but I am in love. The Gaming One gets all the credit for this one- I never would have bought a spinning wheel for myself. He insisted and being the obedient wife I am (ha!) I picked the one I wanted. I love ya, Darlin' I can't thank you enough (You know you are the best ever)!
Next up knitting-wise is a KAL! As I mentioned before, Andrea and I are knitting the Lace Nightie together. There is a KAL posted on Craftster because I have too much going on to start a blog specifically for it. Here is the direct link to the KAL- Interweave Knits Lace Nightie KAL. Andrea even whipped up this button!
I have been tagged by both Andrea and Lara in the same day! So I am going to combine the meme in to one mega-meme...
Andrea's meme rules:
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Lara's meme rules:
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1. As long as I have written directions I think I can do anything. This is sadly not always the case.
2. If someone tells me I am not capable of completing a task I will do it even if I hate it, just to prove them wrong. (Sorry darlin' this does not apply to laundry or housework.)
3. I love reality tv. The more unreal the better! Favs that make The Gaming One roll his eyes and cringe include The Flavor of Love and both spinoffs I Love NY, Charm School. More palatable favs are Top Model, Top Chef, and Project Runway. These shows just make my own life seem so tame and comfortable.
4. When I was younger I wanted 4 or 5 kids. I thought it would be great to have a big family! After all, there were 4 kids in my family and even though we did not always get along we loved eachother and it was always great to have someone on your side no matter what the situation. After I had my second child I declared the baby factory closed! I joke with my family that I will put myself in a mental institution if I get pregnant again. That or hide behind the tv, clutching a fifth of vodka, rocking back and forth.
5. I tell my family that I should write a childcare manual titled The Self-Centered Woman's Guide to Childrearing. I even joke that the entire reason I homeschool is because I prefer to sleep late and I could not do that if two little people had to be on the bus by 7am.
6. I can't stand it when people leave cabinets, drawers or closet doors open.
7. My favorite flowers are daisies, roses and gardenias.
8. The only piece of jewelry I wear on a regular basis is my white gold wedding band. I will wear diamond stud earrings if the Gaming One and I go on a date.