Sunday, March 26, 2006

Nonsense

Things from my email...Tell 10 friends!Get a mammogram! The author of the "story of hope" (which is the first thing you see on the site) had the same name I do...I just felt it needed to be recognized
Political Correctness: one for me...two for The Gaming One
She does not get "DRUNK" or "TIPSY" - She gets "CHEMICALLY INCONVENIENCED."
He is not a "CRADLE ROBBER" - He prefers "GENERATIONAL DIFFERENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS." He is not "HORNY" - He is "SEXUALLY FOCUSED." Too. damn. funny.

Just a bit of knitting today... I was inspired by Persnickety Knitter to make some washcloths for a neighbor who was quite neighborly as a little thank you. It turns out those pretty little bags some liquor companies swaddle their lovely brew in (I just realized both companies I know of -Crown Royal and Canadian Club Classic- are Canadian...more things from Canada I like...) make great small project bags.... That is, if ya don't mind the dirty stares from the southern baptist folk. I am not saying anything bad about southern baptist, they just don't condone drinkin' y'all....Speaking of not condoning drinking -tangent- when I was in kindergarten I kept all my crayons in a pretty purple bag with gold writing...I thought that was the prettiest bag I had ever seen. I felt like a princess taking my crayons from such a fancy bag; however, I was forbidden by the parents to take my beautiful bag of crayons to school. I did not realize at the tender age of 5 that the beautiful golden script adorning my princess crayon bag read: Crown Royal. But, my pride got the best of me. I tucked my beautiful bag into my backpack and proudly took it to school to show my classmates. Well, when my teacher saw it she was not too happy. I was sent to the principal's office and my parents were called to school because I had liquor paraphernalia at school....That day, boys and girls, I learned to obey even if I do not understand. A lesson that has served me well.

I am about 10 rows away from the first dropped stitches on MIL Clapotis, so y'all know I am getting excited about that, but I am really putting the finishing touches on my stalker swap package. All sent.

I really hope my person likes their package. I am trying to take pictures of everything before I send and will post when appropriate. I am also joining the Sexy Knitters in knitting the Somewhat cowl for Trucker Mamma for Mother's Day.

I love this and must do it for The Girl Wonder's 10th birthday on the 3rd! Snack Cake Sushi

I am in the Sistah Friends Knitting Ring thanks to Emmie. I am looking forward to getting to know those gals...

2 comments:

Persnickety Knitter said...

Funny story about the Crown Royal bag. I remember really loving that bag when I was a kid too.

jae said...

I can relate to looking forward to dropping stitches on Clapotis. Have fun!!