Since the Noro was lighter weight than the original pattern called for, smaller needles and a calculator were in order.
Pattern mods: With Sz. 8 circs and contrast color cast on 112 stitches. k1p1 rib for 2". Switch to main color
Row 1 (RS): k21,yo,pm,k1,yo,k7,yo,pm,k1,yo,k52,yo,pm,k1,yo,k7,yo,pm,k1,yo,k21
Row 2 and all WS rows: p across
I followed Julsey's pattern from there except my RS rows were the ones with the knit stitches facing. I continued the stockinette stitch for the body for 4" after I put the sleeve stitches on scrap yarn. Switch to contrast color and work k1p1 rib for 2". BO in rib. Here is when the knittin' laziness set in. I intended to knit 2" of k1p1 rib to finish the sleeves, but kept getting those nasty ladders where my dpn's met. Fed up with the dpn's I decided to simply crochet a little ruffle around each sleeve.I carefully pulled out the scrap yarn and with a sz G crochet hook and contrast color, RS facing, starting in armpit and inserting hook knitwise in the live stitch I slipstitched around until all the live stitches were picked up. join. (disregard the armpit gap) through back loop only *DC 3 times in first stitch, skip a stitch, SC in next stitch, skip a stitch* repeat around. I then used some *ahem* creative stitching to close the armpit gap. I weaved in the loose ends, handwashed and blocked. I can't wait to wear it!