Thursday, April 27, 2006

No new knitting...too busy looking at the flowers...

Everything is finally green and beautiful...it is my favorite time of the year. Everything looks so fresh and promising, before the sweltering heat of NC summer deflates all the tired, thirsty plants...
I think a haiku is in order...

Haughty spring roses
mesmerize passing noses
appetite appeased.

I tend to like things others do not. I live in a neighborhood so I try to plant different things than my neighbors... So I have a carnivorous bog. This is a great site to check out if you are interested in carnivorous plants http://www.californiacarnivores.com/. Most of my pitcher plants have bloomed. They all have such interesting flowers.
Here is the entire bog. It is right outside next to our patio. Besides the pitcher plants I also have a venus flytrap, a cobra plant and a sundew. It has been very fascinating to watch the plants, and kids are always interested in them.
Ok y'all, I am off to get some knitting done...(Emms, if you are reading, I hope you are feeling better...I know it sucks...)

2 comments:

Persnickety Knitter said...

I love the color of those flowers.

jae said...

Very interesting flowers.