Thursday, February 09, 2006

24 hours until cast-on...

The opening ceremony for the Olympics is just over 24 hours away and we all know what that means....knitters all over the world are gearing up to cast on. I have everything I need to start, pattern, yarn, needles, libations. I am so excited to start. After looking at the pattern, I think I may tweek it a bit as I really do not like the lace-up back, I would rather have more "traditional" thigh-highs, but we will see how that goes. Last night I also had an idea for a knit garter belt to go with them. I think I could knit it in the round from the waist down...

I am just 4 rows shy of being back to where I was on hoover before I ripped it all out due to mistakes, and I must admit it does look better the second time around. It looks like hoover will be put on the back burner until after the olympics, though.

1 comment:

Scoutj said...

I just threaded my beads for Odessa and she's alllllllready to go! I can't wait!