Sunday, February 26, 2006

Disaster!

I borrowed some metal circs to finish Hoover from MIL, since the yarn really was sticking to the bamboo needles I cast on with. I worked a few rows with the new needles and was really noticing a difference in my knitting. I was looking over my work and noticed the stitches were twisted on one edge causing a lump in the join. I can usually just drop down one column of stitches and pick them back up with a crochet hook. Well, I tried this technique last night and did not figure that I would have to twist the back and the front stitches together. No matter what I tried I could not get it to look right. So unless I can fix it today, I am going to have to frog rows and rows of double knitting...once again...fuck. Hmm, after looking at the picture it does not look as bad as I thought...And I am finally seeing some progress... but then again...those are some uneven-assed stitches...anyone know how I can be assured my knits are the same size as my purls? besides practice? I need some knittin' magic!

No comments: